Saturday, January 14, 2012
Who needs finger painting when you can paint with your feet?!
Besides our spines, our feet are the anatomical regions which contain the most proprioceptive sensory receptors!
So if you are looking for a super fun SENSORY experience with your kids, this is it.
1. Tape up paper from the floor to the highest their little legs will reach (I'd rather have TOO much then clean it off the wall). Butcher paper would work great but I was all out.
2. Make sure your kids are in grubby clothes! This can get messy.
3. Put some paint (washable) on a large plate or cookie sheet.
4. Have your kids lay on their back. Hold the paint in a desired location for your child to stretch for (High/Low/Left/Right).
5. Now encourage them to FILL the paper.
*This is also a great activity for kids who need to work on trunk and lower extremity strengthening!